Theme not found!

Warrior's Watch Forums    Warriors' Watch Public Boards    Thank-You Letters  ›  Thank You from Robert Wagenseller Moderators: Board Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Thank You from Robert Wagenseller  This thread currently has 562 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
AeroPilot
February 16, 2014, 11:30am Report to Moderator

First Sergeant
"SUNDAY, JANUARY 12,2014, MY DAUGHTER AND GRANDDAUGHTER CALLED ME OUT OF THE HOUSE TO CHECK OUT A PROBLEM WITH THEIR CAR. WHILE WE WERE CHECKING UNDER THE HOOD WE WERE DISTRACTED BY THE SOUNDS OF SIRENS AND THE RUMBLING OF
MANY MOTORLCYCLES. I STOOD UP,
LOOKED OVER THE RAISED HOOD AND I STARTED WAVING AT THE CROWD, ASSUMING THEY WERE PASSING BY, LO AND BEHOLD THEY STOPPED IN THE DRIVEWAY AND ON THE ROAD.
I WAS ABOUT TO MEET THE MEN AND WOMEN OF THE WARRIORS WATCH RIDERS.
THEY BESTOWED UPON ME A BELATED AND GREATLY APPRECIATED WELCOME HOME.
THOSE WHO MADE THE PRESENTATIONS DID SO WITH SOLEMN PURPOSE AND CLARITY.
I WISH WE COULD HAVE HAD TIME TO GET ACQUAINTED.
THIS I DO KNOW, AMONG THE WARRIORS THERE ARE MANY VETS,
PROBABLY MOST ARE FROM THE MIDDLE EAST ACTIONS JUDGING FROM THEIR AGES, THEN VEITNAM.
ONE FELLOW WITH THE HEARING AIDS MAY HAVE BEEN FROM MY TIME, KOREA, OR PERHAPS WWII.
I BELIEVE THAT WE WERE ALL INTERNALLY PROUD OF OUR SERVICE BUT WE KEEP IT TO OURSELVES.
SOME OF YOU HAVE HAD DIFFICULT
TIMES AND THE BIKE AND COMRADERY HAS BEEN THE BEST THERAPY. WHEN I GOT OUT OF THE SERVICE I BOUGHT A 1932 INDIAN, (IT WAS 21YEARS OLD WHEN I GOT IT)
4 CYLINDERS IN LINE (WISH I HAD IT TODAY). I PAID 50 BUCKS FOR IT AND SOLD IT FOR 100 BUCKS TO BECOME AN IRONWORKER.
IN CLOSING, I AM DEEPLY GRATFUL FOR THE HONOR YOU HAVE BESTOWED ON ME AND I, EXTREMELY PROUD OF ALL OF YOU (INCLUDING THE YOUNG MAN IN BLUE JACKET)
I WISH YOU ALL HAPPINESS , GOOD HEALTH AND LONG LIFE.
ROBERT WAGENSELLER"
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Warrior's Watch Forums    Warriors' Watch Public Boards    Thank-You Letters  ›  Thank You from Robert Wagenseller

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread