Theme not found!

Warrior's Watch Forums    WARRIOR'S WATCH RIDE PLANNING    COMPLETED WW RIDES  ›  SEPA 11/30(B) M&H FOR U S NAVY VET Moderators: Gazeebo Team, Board Moderator, WWR Coordinator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 5 Guests

SEPA 11/30(B) M&H FOR U S NAVY VET  This thread currently has 1,039 views. Print
3 Pages « 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
rooney2n
December 1, 2013, 7:18am Report to Moderator

Sergeant First Class
Thank you to all of my brothers and sisters in the watch for making my first RC mission one I will never forget. My dad was truly floored that we did that for him. He was on the phone the rest of the night with his siblings and cousins telling them all about this great group of guys and gals that stopped by to shake his hand. You have no idea how much ammunition we just gave him to battle the enemy he is facing now. This was just what the doctor ordered to help him through the radiation and chemo. Thank you, especially, to our awesome road guards that kept us safe on the trip over, OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!

Rooney2n
THANK YOU to all who have served and currently serve in all branches of our military, police, firefighters, & EMS.

Riding in memory of my cousin John P. Sammartino, Passenger, AA flight 77, 9/11/2001.
Cousin, Robert W. Rooney, USAF Master Sgt, (Ret) Born June 7, 1960, Taps August 20, 2012.
Uncle, James R. Rooney, USAF Master Sgt, (Ret) Born August 16, 1938, Taps December 1, 1990. Vietnam.

I will always Love and Miss you.
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 30 - 35
Big Bill
December 1, 2013, 8:31am Report to Moderator

First Sergeant
Happy to share this day with Ed and family with a Mug and Hug and show appreciation for his service
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 31 - 35
Hogrider
December 1, 2013, 4:01pm Report to Moderator

R.I.P. Danny
WWR Coordinator
SC SEPA
Chris and Bob aka"No start" what a great job you did. Hopefully we can count on you doing some more RCing.

"You only need rain gear if you have to be some where".Dann Manela
"PROUD MEMBER OF KAT'S ARMY"

Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 32 - 35
Gpopss
December 1, 2013, 10:39pm Report to Moderator

Gazeebo Team
Asst. National Coordinator
God stuff. Great Mission!

Proud Member of Kat's Army

Proud Parent of G!
Sgt. Gary Anoushian USMC
Marine Air Control Group 28 (MACS DEUCE)
2nd Marine Aircraft Wing Cherry Point NC

God Bless Our Marine
Thank You to WWR for all of your support!

Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 33 - 35
rooney2n
December 4, 2013, 6:52pm Report to Moderator

Sergeant First Class
Copy of my ride report that I submitted.

"  11/30/2013, we had the chance to do a Mug and Hug for my father, US Navy veteran Ed Rooney. We rallied at Brian's Harley Davidson at 3:00 pm with depart time of 3:30. All total we had around 30 members riding and 4 cages in the line. RC Chris (Rooney 2n) and his brother Bob (Squared) led the way. It was a safe ride and a balmy 38 degrees on the way over.

Ed and Naomia "Omie" Rooney were relaxing at the house when they heard a couple motorcycles in the neighborhood. They figured that it was their sons returning from a mission they were on. When we pulled up out front, the couple bikes they thought were coming in, turned out to be about 30. Ed told me he thought we "brought some of the guys over after the ride so he could see what we were about". While we were dismounting, he was taking pictures of everyone. That thought changed after Squared and I told him that "he was the mission". His face immediately changed from "this is cool", to an OH MY GOD look of surprise. Needless to say, the emotions got the best of him and a smile bathed in tears of joy and pride exploded on his face! When we all yelled "WELCOME HOME SAILOR" Ed snapped a salute to everyone. The members then lined up and shook his hand & hugged him. Ed was surprised to learn one of our members. "T", also served on the Guadalcanal. All the while, Omie was doing her best to take pictures through the tears. Rooney 2n presented his dad with a WWR coin and his Navy ring that Ed hasn't seen in over 10 years. He probably thought it was lost. Ed received a certificate from A Hero's Welcome, and his son Bob "Squared" Rooney, presented him the star from a retired American flag. Dutch presented the Honor Beads and explained the significance of each color. Ed took a minute to thank everyone for this honor and for coming out in the cold, knowing for some, it was the 2nd mission that day. He vowed to find a chapter near his home in Pittsburgh to join and continue the mission. We took some awesome group pictures with Ed surrounded by his family and his "new friends" in the watch. When everyone had gone, Bob and I could see that the spirit in his eyes was lifted. You see, Ed is currently battling lung cancer. This M&H was just what he needed to help him fight and ultimately defeat this terrible illness.

Edward C. Rooney served in the Navy from September 1962 - January 1964. He enlisted in 1962 and was assigned to the USS Thetis Bay, CVE 90, CVHA 1 (This was the first Assault Helicopter Carrier in the Navy), & LPH6 (final designation). October 1962, duty during the Cuban Missile Crisis. Boarded and searched a Russian trawler. March 1963, Picked up Kennedy's helicopters from the west coast of Costa Rica and ferried them through the Panama Canal to the coast off of Maryland. This was after Kennedy attended the Conference of Presidents of Central America. June to July 1963, ferried Kennedy's "helos" to Europe for Kennedy's European tour. His ship was docked in Hamburg, Germany for a month. While there, a historic transatlantic helicopter flight landed on his ship. September 1963, now aboard the USS Guadalcanal, LPH7, deployed to Haiti to provide aid and relief to victims of Hurricane Flora. Honorable discharge January 1964 as an E3, Aviation Bosons Mate 3rd Class.

Submitted respectfully and with love,
Christopher "Rooney 2n" Rooney, RC

Rooney2n
THANK YOU to all who have served and currently serve in all branches of our military, police, firefighters, & EMS.

Riding in memory of my cousin John P. Sammartino, Passenger, AA flight 77, 9/11/2001.
Cousin, Robert W. Rooney, USAF Master Sgt, (Ret) Born June 7, 1960, Taps August 20, 2012.
Uncle, James R. Rooney, USAF Master Sgt, (Ret) Born August 16, 1938, Taps December 1, 1990. Vietnam.

I will always Love and Miss you.
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 34 - 35
Gunny C
December 4, 2013, 8:18pm Report to Moderator

Command Sergeant Major
Chris,  

Great job! It was an honor to hug your father.  What a great guy.  Prayers going out for a full recovery.  Glad we could find a "couple" of bikes to surprise him.  Sorry we scared the neighbor enough to call the Police on us (a first for me).
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 35 - 35
3 Pages « 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Warrior's Watch Forums    WARRIOR'S WATCH RIDE PLANNING    COMPLETED WW RIDES  ›  SEPA 11/30(B) M&H FOR U S NAVY VET

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread