Theme not found!

Warrior's Watch Forums    WARRIOR'S WATCH RIDE PLANNING    COMPLETED WW RIDES  ›  SEPA 11/30(B) M&H FOR U S NAVY VET Moderators: Gazeebo Team, Board Moderator, WWR Coordinator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 6 Guests

SEPA 11/30(B) M&H FOR U S NAVY VET  This thread currently has 1,038 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 » All Recommend Thread
Navy Chief
November 21, 2013, 10:31am Report to Moderator

WWR Coordinator
ASC SEPA
We received this request from WWR member Rooney2n for a Mug and Hug for his father.  Here is what Rooney2n has to say about his dad.

Mug and Hug for Edward C. Rooney, US Navy 62'-64'. He will be returning to Lower Bucks for the Thanksgiving Holiday. Lets give him the thanks he deserves and a huge reason to be truly thankful for this holiday. Ed will be staying with his oldest son, Bob, in Lower Makefield.

A little about my dad, Edward Rooney.
U.S. Navy September 1962 - January 1964.
He enlisted in 1962 and was assigned to the USS Thetis Bay, CVE 90, CVHA 1 (This was the first Assault Helicopter Carrier in the Navy), & LPH6 (final designation).
October 1962, duty during the Cuban Missle Crisis. Boarded and searched a Russian trawler.
March 1963, Picked up Kennedy's helicopters from the west coast of Costa Rica and ferried them through the Panama Canal to the coast off of Maryland. This was after Kennedy attended the Conference of Presidents of Central America.
June to July 1963, ferried Kennedy's "helos" to England for Kennedy's european tour. While there, a historic transatlantic helicopter flight landed on his ship.
September 1963, now aboard the USS Guadalcanal, LPH7, deployed to Hati to provide aid and relief to victims of Hurricane Flora.
Honorable discharge January 1964 as an E3, Aviation Bosuns Mate 3rd Class.

Ed is now in his 70's. About 10 years ago, diagnosed with prostate cancer. in remission.
Recently diagnosed with lung cancer in his left lung. He is fighting this the same way as the prostate cancer, with both barrels.
Ed is married to his wife of 48 years, Naomia. He has 2 sons, Robert and Christopher (both WWR members). He has 3 grandchildren, Dillon, Rachel, & Teagan. And 1 great grandson, Jayce (greatgrand daughter is due in Febuary).

Rally point - Brian's HD
Rally time - 1500 (3pm)
KSU - 1530 (3:30)
RC - Rooney2n (Ed's youngest son)

"Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, but the Marines don't have that problem"

Ronald Reagan
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message
J-Zee
November 21, 2013, 11:07am Report to Moderator

Sergeant First Class
thank you!! prayers going out for healing

always there in support of our HEROES!!
In honor of Steven Koch, kia 3/2008, 82 airborne, Ft Bragg
In honor of Lynn Koch, took her life, 5/2010

In honor of cousins
Michael hreha, in country vietnam
John Rayho, sandbox 2010
Anthony Pepe
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 1 - 35
rooney2n
November 21, 2013, 7:28pm Report to Moderator

Sergeant First Class
I will be doing the mission for Edward T. Sasinowski in the morning prior to my dad's mission.

Rooney2n
THANK YOU to all who have served and currently serve in all branches of our military, police, firefighters, & EMS.

Riding in memory of my cousin John P. Sammartino, Passenger, AA flight 77, 9/11/2001.
Cousin, Robert W. Rooney, USAF Master Sgt, (Ret) Born June 7, 1960, Taps August 20, 2012.
Uncle, James R. Rooney, USAF Master Sgt, (Ret) Born August 16, 1938, Taps December 1, 1990. Vietnam.

I will always Love and Miss you.
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 2 - 35
Dutch2
November 21, 2013, 8:04pm Report to Moderator
Standing by ...   ...   ...    
after the Sasinowski mission.
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Windows Live Messenger Reply: 3 - 35
techgirl
November 22, 2013, 9:30am Report to Moderator

Board Moderator
National Level Moderator
Thank you for serving our country.
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 4 - 35
NVR4GET
November 22, 2013, 9:44am Report to Moderator

The Cost of Freedom is Not Free,Let Us NVR4GET
Thank you for your service and dedication to this Great Nation!!  Prayers going up for a healing.

Riding:

In Memory of all those we lost on 9/11/2001

In honor of my son SSG US Army 173rd ABN, active duty 2 tours in Afghanistan

In honor of my father Cold War Vet. SGT US Army 8th Division 28th Infantry stationed in Germany.

In honor of all those who protect this great nation.
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 5 - 35
Big Bill
November 22, 2013, 2:20pm Report to Moderator

First Sergeant
Thank You Edward for your service to this Great Nation, it's not forgotten, is recognized and appreciated.
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 6 - 35
Rambone
November 22, 2013, 2:29pm Report to Moderator

THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES KAT, RIP
Gazeebo Team
I ride for the mission
standing by

An American Soldier is someone who, at some point in their life, wrote out a check, payable"to the United States of America" for the sum total of up to and including my life." We as citizens of those same United States owe them no less than unconditional support.

"Love is the feelin you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle."
~Sonny Barger

E-mail Private Message Reply: 7 - 35
Goth
November 22, 2013, 5:13pm Report to Moderator

First Sergeant
Thank you for your service.  Standing by

I ride for my father Vietnam vet and for my brother still serving
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 8 - 35
FUNGI
November 22, 2013, 7:49pm Report to Moderator

Be Happy Laugh Often!
Thank you for your service ED,  Standing by in  Bucks.

If your not having FUN it's your own fault
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 9 - 35
berns
November 22, 2013, 11:39pm Report to Moderator

Sergeant
My thoughts and prayers are with you Edward
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 10 - 35
Lone Wolf
November 23, 2013, 11:24pm Report to Moderator
U.S. Navy 69 - 72
Thank you Ed for your service and dedication............God bless

In honor of my father SGT James W. Simms US Army wounded in the Battle of the Bulge and my Marine sons, SGT Jason M. Simms USMC who received the Purple Heart in July 2004 while serving in Iraq and LCPL Nathan J. Simms USMC who was released from active duty in May 2011 after serving in Iraq, Afghanistan and Somalia                                                                                                                                                                                
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 11 - 35
Butch
November 24, 2013, 10:02am Report to Moderator

Thank you for your service to our Great Country.

Wisdom & Freedom Wins,  Ride The Mission  

Hero's don't wear capes, They wear "Dog Tags"

US Army VietNam 68-69
1st Signal Brg
Airborne - 5th

Remembering Kat
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 12 - 35
BigJohn
November 24, 2013, 11:03am Report to Moderator

Command Sergeant Major
Thank you for your service and dedication to our nation. We are praying for healing and long life as you fight this latest battle.

Riding to honor my father (Army, Korean War), great-great grandfather, Hezekiah Ports (Union Army, Civil War), Uncle George (Marines, Pacific, WW II),my son-in-law, Sgt Kevin Russell, served in Iraq and Afghanistan (Army), my fiance's cousin, L Wade Martin (Desert Storm, killed in training accident at Ft Bragg, Army), her uncle Bill Feister, US Navy from 62-66 and spent time in Viet Nam aboard the USS Lexington, and my good friend, Terry Boyer, who served in Vietnam with the Air Force.
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 13 - 35
Jester
November 24, 2013, 1:58pm Report to Moderator

First Sergeant
Thank you for your service, and wishes for healing

Riding in Honor of my Grandfather, a WWII vet, who I'm fortunate enough to still have with me today!
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 14 - 35
3 Pages 1 2 3 » All Recommend Thread
Print

Warrior's Watch Forums    WARRIOR'S WATCH RIDE PLANNING    COMPLETED WW RIDES  ›  SEPA 11/30(B) M&H FOR U S NAVY VET

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread