Theme not found!

Warrior's Watch Forums    WARRIOR'S WATCH RIDE PLANNING    COMPLETED WW RIDES  ›  NJ 12/1 Flag line for Korean war Medal Ceremony Moderators: Gazeebo Team, Board Moderator, WWR Coordinator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 5 Guests

NJ 12/1 Flag line for Korean war Medal Ceremony  This thread currently has 404 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
TUG
November 18, 2013, 3:01pm Report to Moderator

WWR Coordinator
SC - New Jersey
NJ 12/1 Flag line for Korean war Medal Ceremony

We have been ask by the family and the staff of Arden Courts to stand a flag line for 1st Sergeant Washington Bailey Sr U.S Army.while he is awarded his Korean War Service Metal so that's just what we will do

Rally point shopping center parking lot
Kings highway and chapel ave.
Cherry Hill NJ

GPS 39.925009,-74.999782

Rally time 1250

KSU to Home 1335

RC Open this is an easy first time rc job please contact any greenie if you would like to step up

Bio
Washington Bailey Sr, was born in Monticello, Florida on October 17, 1925. He enlisted in the US Army in February 1944 and was discharged in May 1946.  In November of 1952, he re-enlisted in the military and spent another 19 years serving his country until his retirement.

He was honorably discharged and retired from the Military in January 1971.

Below are a few of his assignments
Construction Engineering
25th Infantry Division, Korea
Quartermasters, Ft. Lee, Virginia
Research and Development, Natick, Massachusetts
513th Intelligence Corps, Bremerhaven, Germany.
HQ Company, US Army Intelligence, Ft. Holabird, Maryland
Washington Bailey Sr. begin his military career working in the supply and the administrative fields. During this time he worked in construction engineering, and in the administration fields at Ft. Lee, Va and at Natick, Massachusetts Research and Development Command. Most notably was his assignments in the Military Intelligence field, where he served in the 513th Intelligence Corps, in Bremerhaven Germany and later in HQ Company, US Army Intelligence, Ft, Holabird, Maryland.

Training
Military Justice
Code of Conduct
CBR (Chemical, Biological & Radiological)
USA Instructor Training
Introduction to Automated Data Processing (ADP)

In 1980, he received his Associates Degree in Criminal Justice from Burlington County Community College, in Pemberton, N.J.

In July 2002, Washington Bailey Sr received the Republic of Korea Korean War Service Medal. It was presented by Vice President Dick Cheney during a ceremony sponsored by the Veterans Affairs Department, in Washington, D.C. He was one of 25 veterans honored that day, and the only one from New Jersey. He was later highlighted in an article featured in the Burlington County Times and the Stars and Stripes newspapers.

About today's Award:
The Korean War Veterans Memorial Award was furnished by South Korea as a way of saying "Thank You" to Korean Veterans who helped them during the Korean War. The ribbon holding the medal features the flags of the countries that fought for South Korea. The medal was made with melted barbed wire from the 38th parallel (the Demilitarized Zone or DMZ). The medal will be given to some 120,000 Korean War Veterans or their families.

His wife of 53 years, Lois Bailey, resides in Willingboro, N.J.

FATHOTSA!!!
http://www.njrunforthefallen.org/index.html

WWR NJ Calendar- http://www.WarriorsWatch.org/nj
Get NJ mission text alerts text "follow warriorswatchnj" to 40404
Lord, keep our servicemen and women safe, whether they serve at
home or overseas. Hold them in your loving hands and protect them as they protect us.
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message AIM YIM
TUG
November 18, 2013, 3:05pm Report to Moderator

WWR Coordinator
SC - New Jersey
Thank you 1Sgt. Bailey for your service

FATHOTSA!!!
http://www.njrunforthefallen.org/index.html

WWR NJ Calendar- http://www.WarriorsWatch.org/nj
Get NJ mission text alerts text "follow warriorswatchnj" to 40404
Lord, keep our servicemen and women safe, whether they serve at
home or overseas. Hold them in your loving hands and protect them as they protect us.
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message AIM YIM Reply: 1 - 8
NVR4GET
November 18, 2013, 3:55pm Report to Moderator

The Cost of Freedom is Not Free,Let Us NVR4GET
Thank you 1SGT Bailey for your service and dedication to this Great Nation.  Long overdue, congratulations.

Riding:

In Memory of all those we lost on 9/11/2001

In honor of my son SSG US Army 173rd ABN, active duty 2 tours in Afghanistan

In honor of my father Cold War Vet. SGT US Army 8th Division 28th Infantry stationed in Germany.

In honor of all those who protect this great nation.
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 2 - 8
Dutch2
November 18, 2013, 6:59pm Report to Moderator
Welcome Home  Korean War Veteran, 1st Shirt Washington Bailey Sr., US Army.
Thank You for your Service.
Your Awards ceremony is testament that America's Heros are not forgotten.
The WWR will bear witness to the Honors bestowed on you from a Grateful Nation.
Thank You Sir, for sharing this day in your history.
Salute.

dutch2
USAF  '69 - '73
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Windows Live Messenger Reply: 3 - 8
Jester
November 20, 2013, 10:09pm Report to Moderator

First Sergeant
Thank you for your service!

Riding in Honor of my Grandfather, a WWII vet, who I'm fortunate enough to still have with me today!
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 4 - 8
BigJohn
November 25, 2013, 12:08am Report to Moderator

Command Sergeant Major
A well earned and long overdue thank you for your service and sacrifice for our nation.

Riding to honor my father (Army, Korean War), great-great grandfather, Hezekiah Ports (Union Army, Civil War), Uncle George (Marines, Pacific, WW II),my son-in-law, Sgt Kevin Russell, served in Iraq and Afghanistan (Army), my fiance's cousin, L Wade Martin (Desert Storm, killed in training accident at Ft Bragg, Army), her uncle Bill Feister, US Navy from 62-66 and spent time in Viet Nam aboard the USS Lexington, and my good friend, Terry Boyer, who served in Vietnam with the Air Force.
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 5 - 8
Big Bill
November 25, 2013, 9:26am Report to Moderator

First Sergeant
Thank You for your service to this Great Nation.
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 6 - 8
KnightShadow
November 25, 2013, 4:11pm Report to Moderator

Command Sergeant Major
Thank you for service

I ride in the memory of A1C Austin H. Gates-Benson and for the men and women who give all for this country.
In Hoc Signo Vinces
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 7 - 8
bikerider
December 1, 2013, 7:38am Report to Moderator

Thank you for your service.

In memory of my father James Story, USAF 1951-1971 (Thailand 1967),  uncle Wilbur Ott, USAF-Korea, uncle Wm. McNeil, Army-WWII, uncle Tom Myers, Army-WWII, uncle Frank Myers, Army-WWII, friend Wm. Cooke, Army-WWII, brother in law Dick Pfaff, Navy-WWII

I ride for those who can't.
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 8 - 8
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Warrior's Watch Forums    WARRIOR'S WATCH RIDE PLANNING    COMPLETED WW RIDES  ›  NJ 12/1 Flag line for Korean war Medal Ceremony

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread