Theme not found!

Warrior's Watch Forums    American Warriors' Watch Coalition Member Groups and Projects    The Wounded Warrior Riders Project  ›  WOUNDED WARRIOR RIDERS PROJECT 2012 Moderators: Lutz, Gazeebo Team
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

WOUNDED WARRIOR RIDERS PROJECT 2012  This thread currently has 3,706 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 » All Recommend Thread
Lutz
January 2, 2012, 9:32pm Report to Moderator

ROCK OF THE MARNE

Grand Gazeebo
I have locked the previous thread, started two years ago, and am now starting this one for a Fresh Start. Planning for a hospital run in Spring 2012 is underway in ernest.

I purchased a logo that is now trademarked, along with the name, Wounded Warriors Riders Project. I then created a website that we will use to track, but more, to publicise, the progress of this year's ride.

I am forming a WORKING COMMITTEE to implement our plan. Committee members will be assigned actual work, so as to spread the love, so to speak.

As I said in the other thread we have the full support and aid of Major Ed Kennedy (US Army, Congressional Liasion) who will be our contact and go-to guy on the D.C. end of this. (As an Aside, I am watching for the return home of Doc from Korea, who, if he stays in the DC area after the end of his Korea deployment, will be heavily relied upon for assistance.)

Our goal with the 2012 Ride for Wounded is NOT to have a big, fun ride for US. It is to MOTIVATE WOUNDED WARRIORS, those who might wish to set riding a motorcycle as a goal, by putting before them the possibilities and showing them the means of attaining those goals.

Assuming the powers that be do not try to limit us, one of our goals will be to make this ride AS BIG AS POSSIBLE. The REASON for that is to use our numbers to show the wounded (and the world) how much of our nation truly cares about them, about how many of our citizens love them and support them and will stand behind the. Our numbers will show them that WE HAVE THEIR BACKS HERE AT HOME.

To that end I will be approaching many other clubs, organizaitons and MCs with the invitation to ride with us, and with information such as what I have supplied here in order to ensure that they understand the importance of what we do, and the philosophy behind our actions.

To start, our National Coordinator, PA State Coordinator, SPOC for Military (SEPA) and I will be attending an all-club meeting this Saturday, an opportunity at Brians to spread the word. This sort of work will continue for the next several months and will need YOUR support.

That's enough for now, much more to follow. "Watch This Thread," as I sometimes say.

WWW.WWRPROJECT.ORG

"The day will come when it will be recognized without doubt throughout the civilized world that the strangling of Bolshevism at birth would have been an untold blessing to the human race." - Winston Churchill

"A ghoul descending from a pile of skulls." - Winston Churchill
Site E-mail Private Message
Kurt
January 3, 2012, 1:55pm Report to Moderator

Live to ride and ride to be free!
Command Sergeant Major
Looking forward to hearing more info on this run.
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 1 - 16
Lutz
January 3, 2012, 4:27pm Report to Moderator

ROCK OF THE MARNE

Grand Gazeebo
Someone sent me a message asking essentially why we are "advertising to bikers?" What about those in cages who wish to come? I answer here because this is probably a good opportunity to make some things more clear to everyone.

First, this is a motorcycle ride. There are some primary and some secondary reasons for making this a motorcycle ride. As with all of our rides, there will always be some support vehicles involved. For example, there will be a lead vehicle, a cage, in which a passenger will be responsible for navigation and commo. He will be in voice contact with a rear vehicle, who can then warn the lead vehicle to slow or stop if the group becomes divided. In addition, there may be sweepers, hopefully a truck with trailer from the HD dealership, and possibly a vehicle for carrying supplies.

But aside from that support, this is a motorcycle run. The whole purpose is to use the bikes to generate excitment and attention. We want to motivate young soldiers to set a goal of riding.

We do not turn people away from WWR missions (though this is not, strictly speaking, a WWR mission. It is a Wouned Warrior Riders Project (WWRP) mission.) Because of the target size of the ride, the fewer support cages the better. Those who want to come but do not ride will be encouraged to "car pool."

So that is why we will be asking biker clubs and orgs for support and not car clubs.

"The day will come when it will be recognized without doubt throughout the civilized world that the strangling of Bolshevism at birth would have been an untold blessing to the human race." - Winston Churchill

"A ghoul descending from a pile of skulls." - Winston Churchill
Site E-mail Private Message Reply: 2 - 16
ReaganGre
January 31, 2012, 7:53pm Report to Moderator
Guest User
I would like to bring in a group from KY. Please keep me in the loop. Whatever I can do from this end....do you need sponsors for this?
E-mail Reply: 3 - 16
ironcross895
February 15, 2012, 11:02am Report to Moderator

TO ALL OUR TROOPS AND 1ST RESPONDERS THANK YOU!
WWR Coordinator
SC DE
The last ride was great.  Will take off work if need be but I'll be there!

PROUD MEMBER OF KATS  ARMY
Riding in memory of my mother and father RIP

Vietnam 1965-66
A Co. 1st Bn 327 Inf. Reg.
101st   Airborne Div.
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message YIM Reply: 4 - 16
Sputnik
February 24, 2012, 9:08pm Report to Moderator

WWR Coordinator
SC NEPA
I will be watching for more info.

Riding
In honor of my son, SGT Brian Kilduff
Army, 10th Mtn. Div., OEF
In memory of my father, SSGT Ralph Silverbrand
USMC, WWII
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message YIM Reply: 5 - 16
NuWaveBrad
March 1, 2012, 2:41pm Report to Moderator

Private
Missed the last one, but I'm very interested in being a part of this one.  I can help with this side of things, also, as I'm in MD, and work all around the DC/Northern VA area.  Also have contacts at a number of Vet-oriented/friendly MC's/groups.  Not on here as often as I'd like, but send me an e-mail if you need any help.

Brad Hubbard
Ellicott City, MD

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it's dressed in overalls and looks like work"                 -Thomas Edison
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message AIM YIM Windows Live Messenger Reply: 6 - 16
KnightShadow
March 30, 2012, 9:22pm Report to Moderator

Command Sergeant Major
I will be looking forward for more information on this ride

I ride in the memory of A1C Austin H. Gates-Benson and for the men and women who give all for this country.
In Hoc Signo Vinces
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 7 - 16
Tool Man
May 2, 2012, 5:56pm Report to Moderator

Command Sergeant Major
Standing by for more info as it comes in.  I will happily bring with me as much support from my crew as I can muster.

SECOND BRIGADE MC

Diplomacy is the art of saying "nice doggy" until you can find a rock  -- Will Rogers

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less  - R. E. Lee

Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 8 - 16
Zeus
May 2, 2012, 8:32pm Report to Moderator

WWR Coordinator
Stand by for more info to show how much we care about these wounded warriors!

We will not tire, we will not falter, we will not fail.
--George W. Bush--

Riding in honor of:

My son CPL Connnor J. Scharff, ARMY ROTC Penn State 2010-
My brother Maj. Michael M. Scharff, US ARMY 1983-1994
My father SPEC4 W. Hoyt Scharff II, US ARMY 1958-1961
My Uncle Jesse Grant Scharff, US AIR FORCE 1961-1964
My Great Uncle Clifford Grant, US MARINES (At Iwo Jima)
My Grandfather Melville W. Insley, US NAVY, USS Brill, 1944-1946
My Greatgrandfather Herschel Grant US Coast Guard
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message AIM Reply: 9 - 16
JohnDelivers
June 9, 2012, 7:55am Report to Moderator

Any news on this event???

"Lest I keep my complacent way I must remember somewhere out there a person died for me today. As long as there must be war, I ask and I must answer was I worth dying for?”
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message Reply: 10 - 16
Rambone
June 21, 2012, 3:24am Report to Moderator

THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES KAT, RIP
Gazeebo Team
I ride for the mission
Found this and wanted to share.
The Can Am Spyders are becoming more rider friendly and in greater numbers. They offer an amputee a choice on how to ride and a good starting platform to build on. ABS , semi auto trans and reverse gear make it attractive and feasible to the handicapped. Here is a modification that allows the rider, hand brake application instead of the OE foot pedal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Bb04PPTazw

An American Soldier is someone who, at some point in their life, wrote out a check, payable"to the United States of America" for the sum total of up to and including my life." We as citizens of those same United States owe them no less than unconditional support.

"Love is the feelin you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle."
~Sonny Barger

E-mail Private Message Reply: 11 - 16
Rambone
May 2, 2013, 5:48pm Report to Moderator

Gazeebo Team
I ride for the mission
Quoted from Lutz
I have locked the previous thread, started two years ago, and am now starting this one for a Fresh Start. Planning for a hospital run in Spring 2012 is underway in ernest.

WWW.WWRPROJECT.ORG
Ok, it's spring of 2013.  Are we there yet???

This post contains attachments; to download them you must login.

An American Soldier is someone who, at some point in their life, wrote out a check, payable"to the United States of America" for the sum total of up to and including my life." We as citizens of those same United States owe them no less than unconditional support.

"Love is the feelin you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle."
~Sonny Barger

E-mail Private Message Reply: 12 - 16
Rambone
June 30, 2013, 6:43pm Report to Moderator

Gazeebo Team
I ride for the mission
This thread has gone down the shitter along with the hopes and funds for this project

This post contains attachments; to download them you must login.

~Sonny Barger

E-mail Private Message Reply: 13 - 16
Rambone
August 2, 2013, 3:12am Report to Moderator

Gazeebo Team
I ride for the mission
another year has passed and nothing has happened with this thread and the goal of it, WTF

~Sonny Barger

E-mail Private Message Reply: 14 - 16
2 Pages 1 2 » All Recommend Thread
Print

Warrior's Watch Forums    American Warriors' Watch Coalition Member Groups and Projects    The Wounded Warrior Riders Project  ›  WOUNDED WARRIOR RIDERS PROJECT 2012

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread