Theme not found!

Warrior's Watch Forums    Memorial Boards    WWR Region 7  ›  8/2  Bluesman's Honor Ride Moderators: matter, JonD
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

8/2  Bluesman's Honor Ride  This thread currently has 12,018 views. Print
8 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » All Recommend Thread
Rambone
July 27, 2010, 12:24pm Report to Moderator

THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES KAT, RIP
Gazeebo Team
I ride for the mission
Standing by to honor this inspiring man and patriot.

An American Soldier is someone who, at some point in their life, wrote out a check, payable"to the United States of America" for the sum total of up to and including my life." We as citizens of those same United States owe them no less than unconditional support.

"Love is the feelin you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle."
~Sonny Barger

E-mail Private Message Reply: 30 - 108
Lutz
July 27, 2010, 2:43pm Report to Moderator

ROCK OF THE MARNE
Gazeebo Team
Grand Gazeebo
I am seeing lots of secondary rally points being set up down here, which is good, but I am going to strongly SUGGEST that we all make a primary rally point at the Allentown Rest Stop on the NE Turnpike (the one just before the tunnel). There are other bike groups, like FotF, going and it would be good if all of SE PA arrived together.

someone suggest a rally time at that rest stop. 0830? 0900?

"The day will come when it will be recognized without doubt throughout the civilized world that the strangling of Bolshevism at birth would have been an untold blessing to the human race." - Winston Churchill

"A ghoul descending from a pile of skulls." - Winston Churchill
Site E-mail Private Message Reply: 31 - 108
Lutz
July 27, 2010, 2:45pm Report to Moderator

ROCK OF THE MARNE
Gazeebo Team
Grand Gazeebo
For those ofyou posting this information on Facebook and BoN, please use THIS LINK:

http://forums.lutzkicksass.com/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl?m-1280139197/s-0/

Non-registered guests will get to this forum thread with that link.

"The day will come when it will be recognized without doubt throughout the civilized world that the strangling of Bolshevism at birth would have been an untold blessing to the human race." - Winston Churchill

Site E-mail Private Message Reply: 32 - 108
djolly
July 27, 2010, 3:27pm Report to Moderator

SPOC LEO SEPA
Quoted from Lutz
I am seeing lots of secondary rally points being set up down here, which is good, but I am going to strongly SUGGEST that we all make a primary rally point at the Allentown Rest Stop on the NE Turnpike (the one just before the tunnel). There are other bike groups, like FotF, going and it would be good if all of SE PA arrived together.

someone suggest a rally time at that rest stop. 0830? 0900?

Agree!  We did this before and worked out well.

Service Plazas - Allentown
Northbound & Southbound - Milepost 55.9
About  58.2 mi – about 1 hour 0 mins From Allentown to Forty Fort, PA
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 33 - 108
HIPPIE
July 27, 2010, 3:51pm Report to Moderator

Honored to serve Ga's WWR family
WWR Coordinator
SC Georgia
Al, your Georgia brothers & sisters will be there in spirit. Some are still trying to work out being there in person. Thankfully I was one of the Ga. family that had the blessing of riding with you when you were down here for Papa Joe's " Last Ride". I am sorry that we did not get the chance to eat up more road than we did. After all those who ride ROADGLIDES have to stick together.

The time that we did have with you down here was a blessing to all of us & one we will never forget. You & Joe both have our backs now. Until the day we all get to ride in the sky together again, I say thank you for all you did here on earth.

Those of you who are fortunate enough to make this " HONOR RIDE" I say please be careful. Rev it up for me once if you would.

SEMPER FI brother Al.

Email wwrhippie@att.net

RIP "PAPAJOE", " BLUESMAN", & "KAT"

SEMPER
FI AMERICA!!
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 34 - 108
Fefe
July 27, 2010, 3:58pm Report to Moderator

I think Wayne is making a good suggestion.

It should take about 15 minutes for the FotF to get to the Allentown service area from their rally point (KSU@0700). I would recommend a rally time no later than 7:30am at the Allentown service area. We could have any pre-ride meetings at that time, saddle up and be on the road by 7:45.

ETA would be 9ishy.

---------------

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" --George Santayana

"[T]he willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any war, no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional to how they perceive veterans of earlier wars were treated and appreciated by our nation." --George Washington
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message YIM Reply: 35 - 108
Fefe
July 27, 2010, 4:00pm Report to Moderator

If any WWRs from out of state plan to come up, my home is open to you. Just send me a PM to make arrangements.

---------------

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" --George Santayana

"[T]he willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any war, no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional to how they perceive veterans of earlier wars were treated and appreciated by our nation." --George Washington
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message YIM Reply: 36 - 108
bikerdave2367
July 27, 2010, 4:15pm Report to Moderator

thank you to all our men and women serving
WWR Coordinator
ASC NEPA
Quoted from ylua
I wouldn't miss this for the world. I always counted on Al to give me the needed information for the important events. He was my personal contact point, as I don't really "belong" to any specific group, but to all in general. Al was ever faithful and diligent in getting the word out, whether it was a welcome home, a send off, or a funeral detail, Al was always the one to lead the way for me.  Al was the symbol and example of respect and honor to all who have served.  There aren't many people with the dedication that Al had.  I will be there to express my respect, honor and gratitude to a true-blue American, Al "Bluesman" Philo.
It's a shame that the funeral directors previous experience with bikers at a funeral was poor. But he will soon see the tremendous amount of honor and respect that is deserving of a hero.

Well said, somehow Somebody has found the words to describe my feeling about Al. Thank you.
I'll see you Monday

Bikerdave

God Bless our troops, heroes  and USA
Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message Reply: 37 - 108
Calamity
July 28, 2010, 12:11pm Report to Moderator

Board Moderator
National Level Moderator
A couple of things:

I know some would like to stand honor guard by Al, you may.

I know a lot of you would probably like to share some story or opinion or something about Al.  I'm afraid if we do that during this service, we will never leave the building.

The FotF NE Wing has graciously arranged for and is providing a luncheon in a nearby park after we leave the cemetery.  The park is waiving their fee for the pavillion use.

When we arrive at the park and settled, I think that will be a great time to share stories with the entire group for a bit.  Then it's time for the good private stories and fellowship of friends before the long rides home.

If the Road Captain of each group would please contact me with an email address, I'd appreciate it.

In Memory of Daddy, Uncle Roy, Uncle Earl, Uncle Stan, Stretch, Al, Joe, Jake, Steve, Eddie & Kat
In honor of Capt. Walter Sigafoos and ADJ3 Paul Moser - still missing

"Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are at peace."  Author unknown
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 38 - 108
Lutz
July 28, 2010, 1:47pm Report to Moderator

ROCK OF THE MARNE
Gazeebo Team
Grand Gazeebo
Quoted from Fefe
I think Wayne is making a good suggestion.

It should take about 15 minutes for the FotF to get to the Allentown service area from their rally point (KSU@0700). I would recommend a rally time no later than 7:30am at the Allentown service area. We could have any pre-ride meetings at that time, saddle up and be on the road by 7:45.

ETA would be 9ishy.

This has been agreed. All groups will rally at the rest stop from 0700 to 0730 with KSU time of 0745.

Site E-mail Private Message Reply: 39 - 108
Calamity
July 28, 2010, 2:01pm Report to Moderator

Board Moderator
National Level Moderator
In lieu of flowers for Al Philo, donations may be made to:

A music scholarship for children:
Al Philo Memorial Scholarship Fund
c/o Warren Frederick
Eight Pancoast Blvd.,
Delran, NJ 08075

or

National Alliance of Families
c/o Ms Lynn O’Shea
PO Box 40327
Bellevue, WA 98015-0327

Don’t hesitate to holler with any questions. thanx

In Memory of Daddy, Uncle Roy, Uncle Earl, Uncle Stan, Stretch, Al, Joe, Jake, Steve, Eddie & Kat
In honor of Capt. Walter Sigafoos and ADJ3 Paul Moser - still missing

"Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are at peace."  Author unknown
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 40 - 108
Tool Man
July 28, 2010, 3:14pm Report to Moderator

Command Sergeant Major
My time off for Aug. 2 is approved and I will see you all bright and early at the Allentown service area.

SECOND BRIGADE MC

Diplomacy is the art of saying "nice doggy" until you can find a rock  -- Will Rogers

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less  - R. E. Lee

Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 41 - 108
shooter
July 28, 2010, 3:34pm Report to Moderator

Vice President FOTF
Is there a firm time fior the NE crew to meet at the Cracker Barrel?
Ben & I will be coming in a cage with the Honorably FOTF Member Peggy Morre.
Is there a time listed for Breakfast and also KSU....?
Please advise.... Thanks to all for your gracious efforts.
Shooter...267-7840-4042

"If You Don't Stand For Something, You'll Fall For Anything".

http://www.streetshooter.us

Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message YIM Reply: 42 - 108
TUG
July 28, 2010, 5:28pm Report to Moderator

WWR Coordinator
SC - New Jersey
Any SNJ people going please pm me so we can set a rally time and place

FATHOTSA!!!
http://www.njrunforthefallen.org/index.html

WWR NJ Calendar- http://www.WarriorsWatch.org/nj
Get NJ mission text alerts text "follow warriorswatchnj" to 40404
Lord, keep our servicemen and women safe, whether they serve at
home or overseas. Hold them in your loving hands and protect them as they protect us.
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message AIM YIM Reply: 43 - 108
Jinksey
July 28, 2010, 6:55pm Report to Moderator

Rest in peace Al (Bluesman), I will be there in spirit from Ft Worth, Tx
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Windows Live Messenger Reply: 44 - 108
8 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » All Recommend Thread
Print

Warrior's Watch Forums    Memorial Boards    WWR Region 7  ›  8/2  Bluesman's Honor Ride

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread