Theme not found!

Warrior's Watch Forums    Memorial Boards    WWR Region 7  ›  7/20 HONOR MISSION - DEBBI BEHNKE Moderators: matter, JonD
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

7/20 HONOR MISSION - DEBBI BEHNKE  This thread currently has 17,470 views. Print
9 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » All Recommend Thread
fyrlieu
July 20, 2010, 12:05pm Report to Moderator

Dubiquilts My love My life Ride In Peace
Command Sergeant Major
My love, my heart, my soul, my brain God how I miss you. Your absence has me feeling so empty.  This morning I had the priviledge to preapare you for your final ride.  Soon our friends will show you the honor and respect you earned. It hurts terribly but I am so thankful for the time we shared. I'll keep the watch it's time for you to ride solo. So pegs down, kickstands up, flashers on, LIGHT EM UP!
GOOD NIGHT, SWEET DREAMS, I LOVE YOU
LCN FOREVER AND EVER!

FDNY 343 NEVER FORGET, DESPITE THE POLITICIANS WHO ALREADY HAVE.
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 90 - 131
MerrilWayn
July 20, 2010, 4:38pm Report to Moderator

Command Sergeant Major
Mark and Family - we will miss Debbie and we send our heartfelt condolences to you and yours at this time.

I will miss the conversations I have had with Debbie as we met for welcomes and other missions - she was an interesting gal.

So sorry for your loss, and ours.

So sorry we were not in the area today for the Debbie mission.  

Merril & Wayne T

Dear American Hero,

You've bravely and proudly carried the burden of defending this country.  And for that there are no words to express our gratitude.  Because of you, this country remains the greatest nation on Earth

May God bless you, and may God bless America
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message AIM Reply: 91 - 131
AintThisAmerica
July 22, 2010, 6:46am Report to Moderator
Sergeant
My sincere condolences to Debbi Behnke's family.
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 92 - 131
Lutz
July 24, 2010, 7:06pm Report to Moderator

ROCK OF THE MARNE
Gazeebo Team
Grand Gazeebo
To Mark and to Debbie's family:

I am so very sorry to hear of this loss. I would never pretend to know how you feel, but I do understand loss. I take note of the outpouring of shared sorrow in this thread. Remember that there can only be sorrow where there was love. Had there been no love, there would be no sorrow. I never met Debbi, and I regret that now I never could.

For what it's worth, I thank you for sharing Debbi with us for the past many months. I am thankful for that part of her life that was spent doing WWR work - possibly the most important work that many of us will ever do. Her contributions to the honor and pride we have for our troops will always be remembered by me with gratitude. How many people live much longer lives and never do anything really "important?" That question will never be asked of Debbie because her work was witnessed and shared by all here. In that sense, her life was lived heroically.

To the Illinois/Wisconsin WWRiders:

Yet another blow to strikes your ranks. When President John Kennedy said "Ich bin ein Berliner" (I am a citizen of Berlin) to a German crowd just after the Berlin Wall had been constructed, he meant that he stood there in solidarity and brotherhood with the free Germans in their time of trial, even as the dark shadow of the Iron Curtain descended across the continent. Now I say to you that tonight we are all members of the WWR of Illinois in spirit - the spirit of unity that comes from shared sadness and loss.

"The day will come when it will be recognized without doubt throughout the civilized world that the strangling of Bolshevism at birth would have been an untold blessing to the human race." - Winston Churchill

"A ghoul descending from a pile of skulls." - Winston Churchill
Site E-mail Private Message Reply: 93 - 131
budman54
July 25, 2010, 8:29am Report to Moderator

U.S. Navy 87-89; Cold War Veteran, Former FF/Disp
WWR Coordinator
Florida
Quoted from Lutz
To Mark and to Debbie's family:

I am so very sorry to hear of this loss. I would never pretend to know how you feel, but I do understand loss. I take note of the outpouring of shared sorrow in this thread. Remember that there can only be sorrow where there was love. Had there been no love, there would be no sorrow. I never met Debbi, and I regret that now I never could.

For what it's worth, I thank you for sharing Debbi with us for the past many months. I am thankful for that part of her life that was spent doing WWR work - possibly the most important work that many of us will ever do. Her contributions to the honor and pride we have for our troops will always be remembered by me with gratitude. How many people live much longer lives and never do anything really "important?" That question will never be asked of Debbie because her work was witnessed and shared by all here. In that sense, her life was lived heroically.

To the Illinois/Wisconsin WWRiders:

Yet another blow to strikes your ranks. When President John Kennedy said "Ich bin ein Berliner" (I am a citizen of Berlin) to a German crowd just after the Berlin Wall had been constructed, he meant that he stood there in solidarity and brotherhood with the free Germans in their time of trial, even as the dark shadow of the Iron Curtain descended across the continent. Now I say to you that tonight we are all members of the WWR of Illinois in spirit - the spirit of unity that comes from shared sadness and loss.

SWF could not have said it better.  Godspeed Debi you will be missed by many!

In Honor of Kathryn M. Fialkowski,

In Honor of  My Father, C. E. Stilwell
Chief US Navy Retired RIP  
WWII, Korea, Cold War Veteran

In Honor of my Brother Thomas E. Stilwell
FA US Navy Vet RIP
Viet Nam Era Veteran

In Horor of My Sister in Law
SFC Sara E. Stilwell
US Army Vet RIP
Cold War Veteran

In Honor of the 343 FDNY "Smoke Eaters"
RIP Brothers
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message AIM YIM Skype Reply: 94 - 131
Lisajan
July 25, 2010, 8:01pm Report to Moderator

Thoughts and prayers...

"There is Good and Bad in Everything"
SSG Paul "swany" Swanson

Riding in memory of Sgt Jennifer Hartman and JonD, two very special people that I missed the great honor to know...
Riding in honor for my dear friend, Joe "Papa Joe" Blasingame 06/18/2010

and Al "Bluesman" Philo  July 24th 2010...
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 95 - 131
Cavalier
July 26, 2010, 9:26pm Report to Moderator

MEMBER OF KAT'S ARMY
My condolences to family & friends. Shalom

Cavalier

Founding Member WWR
South Jersey Original

Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message Reply: 96 - 131
matter
July 27, 2010, 8:56pm Report to Moderator

Region 2 Coordinator
I often revisit these forums.  It's as if I can still hear those who are here...  I wanted to write some words of comfort.  I don't think there are any, really.  

But, when I composed the statewide email I sent while in a hotel room 800 miles away, crying, I really could not get the movie loop out of my head.  It is still there..  

Here is that email, in part.  I've seen, given and been given some "Deb style" embraces lately.

All,

"Cherish your time with your loved ones, life is too short."   Oft cited words of wisdom by our friend Mark to me.

I simply cannot get this small video loop out of my head.

It is of Deb embracing and then pausing to look fondly at the warrior we had just welcomed home.  She then flashed a bittersweet smile as she reluctantly let him go.  With a lingering caress of his arm, she turns and walks away.

- repeat -

The look on her face was one I have seen before when she spoke of her sons.  Genuine compassion and love.  I've also seen that look on every mission.  When looking at the warrior, it was as if she were looking at her sons.

Now it is our turn to express our genuine compassion for a loved one.  And then, to turn and let her go.  Because she can no longer be here to physically embrace each of us, we must embrace each other.  But let's all do it like she did it.  Find and embrace Mark, Jacob, Billy and all her family and loved ones and return some of that love she has given.  On the next mission, embrace that warrior just a little longer in memory of how Deb did it.  Cherish your time with loved ones..

-matter

"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman."

Thomas Paine

Riding in Memory of JonD, Proud Parent (Deb), Mike, Irish, Kat, RCRON, Wheelmaster & Chicago Jim.
Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message Reply: 97 - 131
Camera Nut
July 31, 2010, 11:26pm Report to Moderator

Mark,
Deb's not riding alone.  She's riding behind Big Jon.  Until I see them again, she can keep my seat warm.

You are not alone either.  We are all here for you.  Hang in there.  Treasure the memories and hold your love ones a little tighter.

Yvette "Camera Nut"
http://www.warriorswatch.shutterfly.com

God Bless our Service Members, First Responders, and their Families.

Ride in peace JonD, Deb, Mike, Irish, Kat, Ron, Wheelmaster and Chgo Jim.
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 98 - 131
matter
August 26, 2010, 9:04pm Report to Moderator

Region 2 Coordinator
Hey Deb,I stumbled across an old picture of you.  Stab of pain followed by a smile..   I did not remember you having that short of hair.  That video loop is still playing in my head of you embracing that soldier.  Usually happens every morning around sunup..

Just wanted to let you know I was thinking of ya..   But you probably knew that already.  Didn't ya?

-matter

"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman."

Thomas Paine

Riding in Memory of JonD, Proud Parent (Deb), Mike, Irish, Kat, RCRON, Wheelmaster & Chicago Jim.
Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message Reply: 99 - 131
GO ARMY Robert Smith
September 7, 2010, 8:16pm Report to Moderator

HAVE A NICE DAY !!
WWR Coordinator
Regional Coordinator Region 3
MISSING MY HUGS.

Robert L. Smith, Jr.

In honor of my Brother, Jon Dreymann and my Sister Deb.
The moon gives you light,��
And the bugles and the drums give you music;��
And my heart, O my soldiers, my veterans,��
My heart gives you love.

Walt Whitman-Drum Taps

Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message AIM Reply: 100 - 131
Hilsen
September 11, 2010, 8:59am Report to Moderator

JonD A True Leader and Loved By All
Deb, I know you are with JonD and when I think about that it makes me smile. If anyone can give it back to him, you are the one to "gotcha!"  
You both are missed so much by all, but we also can feel you both with us on every mission. I see your smile and the greatest attitude I think I have ever seen in a person.
JonD, that "twinkle" in his eyes especially when he was about to "gotcha!" someone, and when our Hero arrived.
You both will always be in my heart and for that I am blessed.

Til we all meet again... Love ya and miss ya!

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: 1. Jesus Christ. 2. The American G.I. One died for your soul, the other for your Freedom.

http://www.greatdanepromilitary.com/Battle%20Hymn/

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your Government when it deserves it" -Mark Twain

Ride in peace JonD, Debbie, Mike, Irish, Kat, Ron, Wheelmaster and Chgo Jim.
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 101 - 131
Chambo
September 16, 2010, 8:36am Report to Moderator

WWR Coordinator
ASC N. Illinois
This pic says it...

Keith Chambers
Thank and recognize those that protect us for our freedom comes at a high price.

Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 102 - 131
Hilsen
September 17, 2010, 5:55pm Report to Moderator

JonD A True Leader and Loved By All
I know that look. It's the one just before she would break into that "wonderful smile" when she saw you. Then the hugs and chit chat. Oh yes, we do miss you Deb but thankful the dear Lord let us have you for the time He did. You will always be with us and in our hearts.

(Thanks for the pic, Keith

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: 1. Jesus Christ. 2. The American G.I. One died for your soul, the other for your Freedom.

http://www.greatdanepromilitary.com/Battle%20Hymn/

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your Government when it deserves it" -Mark Twain

Ride in peace JonD, Debbie, Mike, Irish, Kat, Ron, Wheelmaster and Chgo Jim.
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 103 - 131
matter
September 20, 2010, 1:14pm Report to Moderator

Region 2 Coordinator
Re-reading and glad I work from home with nobody else around..

Great pic Keith.  Thank you for sharing.  

Video loop still playing..

-matter

Thomas Paine

Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message Reply: 104 - 131
9 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » All Recommend Thread
Print

Warrior's Watch Forums    Memorial Boards    WWR Region 7  ›  7/20 HONOR MISSION - DEBBI BEHNKE

Thread Rating

There have been 1 votes for this thread.