Theme not found!

Warrior's Watch Forums    Memorial Boards    WWR Region 7  ›  N.IL-8/13-WWR Founding Leader-Jon Dreymann Moderators: matter, JonD
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

N.IL-8/13-WWR Founding Leader-Jon Dreymann  This thread currently has 61,424 views. Print
42 Pages « ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... » All Recommend Thread
MsWindow
August 15, 2009, 2:57pm Report to Moderator

My thoughts and prayers are will all of you during this time of tragic loss.  I will be there in spirit.

Caging/Standing In Memory Of:

Charles W. Walkington (WW I)
Ralph C. Smires (WW II/Korea)
Clifford L. Smires (WW II)
John Brady (father-in-law, WW II)
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 180 - 622
Dave D 1800
August 15, 2009, 3:41pm Report to Moderator

Standing by

"IN MEMORY OF JON D

DAVE D     ARMY  74 - 77

Proud Parent of a L E O

Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 181 - 622
C-Hog
August 15, 2009, 4:13pm Report to Moderator

Rest In Peace Jon D. Condolences to the family and all whom were blessed to call him brother.
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 182 - 622
USMC5862
August 15, 2009, 4:35pm Report to Moderator

Private
Disbelief is the only thing we can say. Yvette, we wish there were words that could ease your
pain. Please know that Jon will never be forgotten and will always be in our hearts.

Love,
Jeff & Eve Clauss
PGR
WWR
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 183 - 622
Chopr 2
August 15, 2009, 6:17pm Report to Moderator

Sergeant
RIP JonD. We only spoke a few words but they were all kind. You'll be missed by all, mostly by the troops you welcomed home. Now you can welcome the troops that didn't make it home.  
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 184 - 622
a25girl
August 15, 2009, 7:12pm Report to Moderator
Sergeant
My thought and prayers are with everyone right now.
Standing by
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 185 - 622
oopsie
August 15, 2009, 9:21pm Report to Moderator

126th FA in Memory of my Father
Chicago Tribune

Never Again will a Soldier Come home and NOT be thanked. "It's the right thing to do"!
Take One Minute A Day To Say A Prayer For Our Soldiers
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 186 - 622
JJ
August 15, 2009, 9:44pm Report to Moderator

First Sergeant
Jon, we will miss you bro!  You were a true friend and inspiration to me, my family, and many others!

I've only lived near Chicago for a few years, and it's been my honor to call him a friend during that time.

Any time... day or night... rain or shine...  I could call Jon for help.  He would help without question.  Any time I just wanted to call and chat for...   oh... an hour or so...  Jon would answer.  I can't count the amount of hours spent riding alongside...  or just killin' time during a long commute...

I have so many words that I can't seem to type right now...

Your dedication and commitment to your friends, the troops and "doing the right thing" leaves inspiration for us all.

You will be surely missed.

Jon... 'til we meet again...   You take care of yourself, and we'll see you again.

-Jonathan
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 187 - 622
matter
August 15, 2009, 9:44pm Report to Moderator

Region 2 Coordinator
JonD.

I am thankful for the time we had together. I have so many fond memories that I KNOW they will help overcome the sadness I feel right now. At least that is what I keep telling myself. I know you would say, shut up already, get on your bike, and go support some warrior somewhere...

Well, I will do that.. Every chance I can..

People not familiar with troops support groups like ours always want me to explain why we do what we do.. They are especially curious about me, as I have never served my country in uniform.. I give various answers, but I will type it up for the first time.. I've told only a few, including Dad Bowman last time I saw him...

I was out joy riding one day, saw a HUGE procession of motorcycles.. Spotted a PGR flag and thought.. Oh yeah, I heard about those guys.. I wonder if or how I could get involved? Next vehicle went by with the PGR website on it.. I thought , WOW! Ask and ye shall receive..  

I found it that night, read and cried for days.. That procession was for Greg Bowman.. I never met him, but wished I had.. I told Dad Bowman that I believe Greg somehow himself recruited me that day.

I can no longer count how many times I've hugged a warrior, or family of a warrior with tears in my eyes.. Both the happy and not happy tears.. In my mind,  I have always credited Greg for allowing me to show my support in the way that we do.. I told all this to Dad Bowman and once again cried for a man I never met while hugging his father..

Well, now I have someone else to credit... And this time, I will have the sad honor of taking a small part in what I saw that fateful day, but this time it is for a friend..

JonD...

There was a need being unfilled for a point in time. There were warriors not getting welcome homes, or send offs, when there were people willing to do it..  JonD found a way to again allow us to do these missions that we love, in addition to the ones we must.. Under JonD's leadership, he took a small group of like minded patriots and helped to refine us into a fine tuned welcome home machine over 400 strong in Northern Illinois alone!

In the last few months, I have been helping with the "work" of the WWR.. I always was thankful for every person who does this kind of work.. I could only imagine how much time, effort and responsibility is involved.. Now I have a better idea.. I have not thanked all who do this, and have been doing this for so long,  near enough. I don't really know if I can..

JonD, THANK YOU for allowing us to continue the mission.. And we will continue the mission... Every mission that we run,we  will carry with it a little of your spirit. You live on in our hearts. Maybe that is the only way I can thank you and all who strive so hard to make sure that EVERY warrior knows that he or she is appreciated..

I have said many times, I am so humbled and honored to simply be allowed to associate with such people.. One of the persons I always had in mind when saying that was JonD. But I extend that also to everyone who has stood a flag line, or stopped a lonesome warrior in an airport and thanked him for his service, or even the citizens who stop, get out of their car, and put their hands over their hearts when we pass with flags flying...

I never would have been able to show my support or see these things, were it not for people like Greg and Jon....

Jon...

I love you brother.. I will miss you, but will continue the mission and always remember you..

Yvette, and ALL who knew and loved Jon..

I can only imagine the pain you are feeling now.. I only knew him for 2 years and am wrecked... I can only hope that your fond memories of Jon will ease that pain somewhat... Know that we are there for you tomorrow and whenever you need us....

Standing By

-matter

"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman."

Thomas Paine

Riding in Memory of JonD, Proud Parent (Deb), Mike, Irish, Kat, RCRON, Wheelmaster & Chicago Jim.
Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message Reply: 188 - 622
Coastie
August 15, 2009, 10:02pm Report to Moderator

Command Sergeant Major
Warriors Watch Riders:  It's 10 pm Saturday night and we have a huge job in front of us tomorrow.  We need to take our brother home, and we need to do it "proper".  Get what rest you can, think about the man, re-live the memories, say your prayers, hug your spouse and kiss your kids.  Tomorrow we ride tall.

The planning is done,
The stage is set,
We travel now to honor our best.
With broken hearts, but filled with pride,
Light 'em Up, Warriors Watch, It's Time to Ride!

Coastie

"Hope is good - Freedom is better" - Coastie

A bit of everyone we do this for - rides with us forever-more.
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 189 - 622
Wheelmaster
August 15, 2009, 10:26pm Report to Moderator

Thanks Coastie,thats awsome but I was in the middle of writing this and had to post it. Now I will take your advice. Goodnight Family
  I would like to say that I hope Jon D was proud today of the group he nurtured. With heavy hearts a good number of members staged at the DC to say hello and good luck to a young Marine just out of boot camp. We laughed a little and cried a little and spoke of the fact that we had a mission to ride and did just that. Not with somberness but with gratitude,respect and love for a young warrior who may soon be asked to make the ultimate sacrifice. We did it the way the "BOSS" would have wanted us to. To those that made it out for pizza afterwords THANK YOU for making the rest of the day a good day. Speaking for Kath and myself I can tell you that going out was very helpfull. Also thanks to Steve (tourrider) who came up from Indy and was able to join us for dinner. Tomorrow we will gather to lay to rest our Freind and Brother and then back to work we go with another welcome home in Jon D's back yard. I can think of no better way than that to pay our respects to a true Patriot. I am so proud of all of you guys and honored to be a part of this family. Jon D was the glue that held us together and the foundation he built in this region is strong and unyeilding. We will cry tommorow , then we will get about the business of honoring the rest of our HEROS. I guess what I'm trying to say is Jon ya did good-real good and we are gonna get through this because thats the way its gonna be. Till we ride again may the sun always be at your back,the breeze in your face warm and the road in front of you open. God Bless you and thank you for letting me be a part of your life.

Bob Andereson
Riding in Memory of DAD
CPL. Robert Anderson
U.S. ARMY
Okinawa
45'-46'

R.I.P. Jon-Deb-Mike
Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message YIM Reply: 190 - 622
Salty
August 15, 2009, 10:55pm Report to Moderator

First Sergeant
JonD, I will miss you brother. I am a man of few words. But if I could just get all my thoughts out in writing I would be here for awhile. You will ride forever in our hearts and on every mission we do. Thank you for putting together a family I am very proud to say I am a part of. We will make you proud!
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 191 - 622
Thalia90Q
August 16, 2009, 12:28am Report to Moderator
Guest User
Its after midnight, time to try and get some sleep.

Ride Safe everyone, See you in a few hours.
Dobbs
E-mail Reply: 192 - 622
JeffNewbe
August 16, 2009, 1:26am Report to Moderator
Private
I'm sad I never got a chance to meet or have words with JonD,My heart is sad and heavy.Being
new to the WW family,may the Angels carry our brother to his new mission and watch and comfort his family.
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 193 - 622
Dietsche12762_Lady D
August 16, 2009, 3:04am Report to Moderator

H-D 110th LEO Ride AUG 28, 2013 (2nd bike)
WWR Coordinator
SC Wisconsin
WE will all miss you, JonD.  Your "leadership" skills were needed much 'higher up".

"Thanks" would never be enough.

Nuf said....

WISCONSIN "Live Like You Mean It"
"It's about the mission... nothing else matters"

In Memory
JonD  8-09 & DJ "The Crow" Casser 1-12
Chicago Jim 12-12; Wheelmaster, 8-12; KAT, 2-12; Bluesman NEPA, 7-10; Papa Joe, GA, 6-10; Mountainman 12-10
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 194 - 622
42 Pages « ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... » All Recommend Thread
Print

Warrior's Watch Forums    Memorial Boards    WWR Region 7  ›  N.IL-8/13-WWR Founding Leader-Jon Dreymann

Thread Rating

There have been 5 votes for this thread.